Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I think I'm done!!

I started with simple face shots and layering them with nature shots to give the face texture. I then started to add more shadows and weirder points of view to the portraits, trying to get more contrast so the background would be more prominent. Like in image four, you can barely see the person but the background image is very clear. This could give the impression that you are looking at who they are on the inside instead of what they show you.  In the end I did a few abstract body parts with strong shadows and layered them with pictures that could add more emotion. My background pictures started as landscape images but as the quarter went on I started taking more abstract macro shots. I did this to help get more texture in the portrait. To help communicate my ideas I used high contrast in mood and lighting. I also used repetition, texture, and movement to add a certain feeling. Rule of thirds also helps the picture from being too centered. I started working on pictures that were of happy people that were hiding a sadness in them but in the end I think my photos show someone who is looking for hope and love because it feels like their life is falling apart and no one is there to help them.


 









No comments:

Post a Comment